Tuesday, January 8, 2019

BABY STEPS!


     WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 9TH., 2019
                        BABY STEPS!

    In my on going quest to find unusual
"holidays" I've stumbled upon this one for
January 9th. It's National Take the Stairs
Day!
     Stairs and I don't get along very well.
Oh I can take them. But it becomes a
choice between the stairs and breathing.
I tend to favor the breathing.
      Still I don't generally use the
elevator when one is available. I prefer
the escalator! I guess it's the illusion
of using stairs that just happen to be
moving!
      For most folks, however, the stairs
can lead to better health!
      Three minutes of stair climbing for
someone weighing 160 pounds can burn
up 30 calories! Steps offer a non impact
exercise that can improve muscle tone.
       There are even competitions involving
walking or running a staircase. Some
smartphones even have an app that counts
stairs!
        So in honor of the day, should I come
across any stairs I will definitely use them!
As long as they're going down!
        Hope the escalator doesn't stall...and
that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment