Saturday, January 26, 2019

BARBER SHOPPING!


    SUNDAY, JANUARY 27TH., 2019
              BARBER SHOPPING!

    No quartet involved folks. This was
all me!
     My wife, the one who's been ordered
to stay off her feet for a couple of weeks
following foot surgery, also happens to
be my barber.
      While she's recuperating my hair has
continued to grow. I believe it has turned
a bit grayer too!
       On Saturday I decided I'd better break
away for a trim while I was still able to
see. I made a quick trip to an old fashion
barber shop I had visited one before
(probably after my wife's previous foot
surgery). I had some concerns about him
having a waiting line of customers on a
Saturday but that didn't prove to be a
problem. He was closed! Seems he quits
early on Saturdays so he can get home to
listen to opera from the Met.
        There was another shop I had visited
a couple years ago but. as I remembered,
the barber usually only saw people by
appointment. Still I managed to get in
last time. Could I do it again without
an appointment? No problem. He was
closed!
        I had just about given up when I
passed a nice shop on my way home and
decided to take a chance. No problem.
They were open and had time for me!
        The young lady who got me for
a customer asked how I would like my
hair. My wife never asked that. So the
only thing I could think of to say was
"Cut."  Turned out well although I
did notice the place was a little more
expensive than our kitchen!
        Hope my wife is on her feet
before my hair is in my eyes and that
all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment