Tuesday, January 1, 2019

GOING, GOING, GONE!


   WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 2ND., 2019
              GOING, GOING, GONE!

   My title does not refer to the final moments
of 2018 but, rather, to the auctioneer who took
the bids at the Tenzi Auction house near
Honesdale Monday.
    My wife, daughter, and I decided to spend
New Year's Day checking out tables full of
antiques, art work, housewares and collectables
being offered at the holiday auction.
     My daughter struck first, offering a bid
within three minutes of our arrival. She won
which required me to rearrange the rear of
our SUV to accommodate two chairs and a
small table with a unique design that's looks
like wood but weighs more like iron!
     I didn't expect a lot of people to turn out
after a late night New Year's Eve but apparently
this was the place to be on New Year's Day
because the hardest thing to find in the place
was a chair!
     My wife did pretty well for herself. She
grabbed a beautiful quilt at a very reasonable
price and then turned her attention to a rare
piece she envisioned as an antique in which
to "card" her wool as part of the spinning
process!
       There was only one other bidder and
she wasn't anxious to drive the bids to high
so my wife got her trophy!
       After we left she noticed the writing
on top of her find. It was Italian. Fortunately
my daughter has an exchange student from
Italy so I turned to her to do the translation.
       My wife hopes to be using the unit soon.
But it won't be for her wool. It's a Cheese
Grader!
        Hope she doesn't try to weave any
sharp Cheddar….and that all your NEWS
is good!





       
       

No comments:

Post a Comment