Monday, January 28, 2019

ICE CAPADES!


   TUESDAY, JANUARY 29TH., 2019
                  ICE CAPADES!

     I've never been very good on ice skates!
I've always been impressed with those people
who can dance, go backward, speed, and even
compete on ice! Other than watching them I tend
to stay off the ice.
     Until the last couple days!
     Water runoff coupled with freezing temperatures
have combined to form a small "ice lake" in my
development. Unfortunately it's formed at our
mailboxes!
      Although I'm not especially anxious to pick
up all the bills and advertisements that the mailman
brings each day I have developed the habit of
checking our mail on a daily basis.
      The ice jam has turned that habit into an
Olympic challenge.
      On Saturday, being a quick thinker, I pulled
the car as close to my mailbox as possible then
leaned on the vehicle as I slid myself into position.
I used the same technique to get back into the car.
       I was pretty proud of myself until I tried to
drive away from the boxes. Since the car had
nothing to lean on it simply sat there, wheels
spinning! I finally surrendered and backed away
until I hit some solid ground.
       Having learned my lesson I crept onto the
icy surface from "uphill" on Monday, braced
myself on the car till I retrieved my junk mail
then slip away "downhill" till the rubber met
the road!
        Can't wait for the snow to cover all that
ice. It may actually provide traction for me and
the car!
        Hope I get some mail worth reading and
that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment