Thursday, January 3, 2019

LOOK INTO MY EYES!


    FRIDAY, JANUARY 4TH., 2019
          LOOK INTO MY EYES!

   January 4th is World Hypnotism Day!
   I've never celebrated the day. In fact, for
years, I was terrified of hypnosis!
    Thoughts of being put into a trance
brought back visions of Dracula (aka Bela
Lugosi) overpowering his victims just
before he drained their blood!
      Stage hypnosis wasn't any better!
Who wants to be put under only to learn,
afterwards, that you've acted like a monkey
or reveled some deep dark secret that should
have remained secret!
       Still I've heard testimony from people
who swear hypnosis has helped them quit
smoking or lose weight. If they're telling
the truth I suppose the "science" does have
a place.
        In fact I found myself using hypnosis
on Thursday. I was spending the day with
my three-year-old grandson and realized
it was nap time. The little guy didn't really
want to sleep. But once I talked him into
reclining on the bed "just for two minutes"
I began to capture his attention with a story
I made up on the spot.
       The subject involved a giant who was
scaring people in a small town .He'd go
house to house. But people quickly learned
if they pretended to be asleep he simply
passed them by! I delivered each line a
little soften until my voice was just a
whisper.
       Next thing I knew the little guy was
out cold, a victim of my hypnotism (or
boredom). To be completely honest, I
may have put myself out for awhile too!
       If you'll celebrating hope you'll
avoid any hypnotist with a dark cape
and long teeth, and that all your NEWS
is good!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment