Sunday, January 27, 2019

THE RAILROAD BED!


   MONDAY, JANUARY 28TH., 2019
             THE RAILROAD BED!

    I think it's safe to believe that most of
you envision that packed earth and rocks
supporting train tracks as your typical
railroad bed.
    I've got a railroad bed right in my
house but it's a little different. It is, in
fact, a bed on which sits a railroad! Well
actually it's a Trolley track. In fact it's an
ho gauge track on which runs a little
model trolley car.
    My grandson likes to see it run when
he visits so I let it there. It's the only space
I've got for it.
     This past weekend, however, we had
a house guest. My best friend was visiting
to attend a family reunion in the area.
     We only have one spare bed and guess
what? It's the one with the trolley track!
      I gave some thought to running the
line right around my friend but he's near
6 feet tall and I don't have that much track.
Besides the constant hum of a tiny trolley
circling one's head could make in tough
to sleep.
      So if you happen to have passed my
place and hear the familiar tune of "I've
been working on the railroad," that was
just me clearing the way for my old
buddy.
      Of course as soon as he left Sunday
I went back to work and set up the line
so the trolley could resume its schedule.
Good thing too because my grandson
paid a surprise visit Sunday afternoon
and never ever knew his favorite rail
line had been put on a siding for a
couple days!
       It's back now, safely sitting on
its railroad bed!
       Hope it's running on time and that
all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment