Tuesday, January 22, 2019

POST OP UPDATES!


  WEDNESDAY JANUARY 23RD., 2019
                POST OP UPDATES!

       My wife and I visited the Podiatrist Tuesday.
It was her first checkup since having bunion
surgery last week.
        All in all the doctor was pleased with her
recovery but ordered continued bed rest with
her foot elevated as much as possible to aid
the healing process. He rejected, however, my
suggestion to turn her upside down to keep
her foot above her heart. Just a thought.
        Coincidentally her remaining
convalescence time exactly equals my
sentence on KP.
          It's actually working out pretty well.
          Our "Smart TV" is in the living room
so I get to watch all the Netflix movies I
want while she's stuck in the bedroom with
just the local stations.
            The meals have not been a big
problem especially since our pastor's wife
has supplied a very generous amount of
dinner fixings. Jesus used 5 loaves of bread
and two fish to feed the crowd. Kathy's supply
of sausage and peppers and meatloaf could
easily handle a crowd that size!
             Between the handouts and the stock
on hand my wife should be able to rest for
at least three weeks! And the only thing
I've burned is my thumb.....so far.
              We're both missing our weekly
trip to either the auction or movies but
stepping outside for the visit to the doctor
quickly convinced us the warmth of our
house is the best place to put her, and my,
feet up!
               Hope the eggs aren't runny and
that all your NEWS is good!
             
         

     

No comments:

Post a Comment