Saturday, January 19, 2019

YOUR REACH AND GRASP!


    SUNDAY, JANUARY 20TH., 2019
        YOUR REACH AND GRASP!

   Saturday was day two for  my role as
"Chef Boy Our Dave."
   My wife is recovering well from her
foot surgery but I can't be sure what
part, if any, my meal preparations are
playing in her efforts.
    I hit WalMart prior to the snow storm
to acquire one of its rotisserie chickens
for our dinner. The grill rack was empty.
Sold out I suspect. But I did find one
in the display case and one was all I
needed.
     I put together a menu of the
chicken, corn. and some left over
sweet potatoes.
      The corn and the potatoes were
easily handled in the microwave.
I decided to heat the chicken in the
oven.
       An ambitious project for a guy
whose kitchen expertise is usually
limited to making microwave popcorn.
But Poet Robert Browning once
wrote "A man's reach should exceed
his grasp."
       I found that inspiring …..until
the reach of my thumb exceeded the
dimensions of my hot pad! Seems a
roasting pan in a 325 degree oven
retains that temperature when initially
removed from said oven!
        No problem! The chicken was
delicious and I have another thumb
on my other hand!
         Hope the pizza delivery man
can get through and that all your
NEWS is good!      
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment