Saturday, January 12, 2019

THE LAST SHALL BE FIRST!


    SUNDAY, JANUARY 13TH., 2019
       THE LAST SHALL BE FIRST!

   The holiday bills began showing up
pretty much as soon as January 2nd
around our place.
     Most were expected since, in
addition to it being the start of a new
year it was also the end of the old
month and accounts were payable.
      But one envelope looked strangely
out of place when we checked the mail
Saturday. It didn't have one of those
see through shots so common to the
ones sent by the insurance and utility
companies.
       To my very great delight it was a
Christmas card from some old friends!
        I've shared my thoughts many
time about extending the Christmas
celebration, And here we had another
chance to enjoy it again!
         I'm not sure if our friends just
got their cards out late, perhaps just
realized they hadn't sent ours, or if
the card just made one of those
unusual postal journeys that go to
strange places, perhaps many, before
reaching their destination.
           We once got one many months
after Christmas. It was one we had
sent that stopped a lot of places before
somebody decided to return it to our
return address.
           I was happy to see this Christmas
card, whatever the reason for its
tardiness. I'm not upset by its delay.
In fact I've decided to treat it as our
first Christmas card for 2019 which
means the celebration is just getting
started!
           Hope I get a couple more
by spring and that all your NEWS is
good!

No comments:

Post a Comment