Thursday, January 10, 2019

GOT MILK?


   FRIDAY, JANUARY 11TH., 2019
                  GOT MILK?

    That phrase, "Got Milk?," was part of
an advertising campaign to promote the
consumption of that healthy beverage
throughout the United States.
      It comes to mind today because
January 11th., is National Milk Day.
A New York Dairy company claims it
made the first home delivery of milk in
a glass container on this date in 1878.
      We used to have milk delivered
to our door in Hazleton in a horse
drawn wagon. And that was much later
that 1878! In fact at least one Dairy in
my old home town was using its fleet
of horse and wagons to deliver milk as
late as 1970 as far as I know.
       I've always liked milk. I've been
drinking it since I was a baby. I find
it especially useful as a chaser for
chocolate chip cookies!
        I don't get milk delivered anymore.
I usually just buy a half gallon or so
when I buy my groceries. But that's
getting harder!
         My choice used to be limited
to quart, gallon or half gallon and
white or chocolate.
         Next came Skim milk, and 1
or 2% choices.
         Now the shelf is stocked with
about a half dozen types of Almond
Milk in addition to the regular cartons.
         My Grandson seems to like the
new choice although I still have no
idea how your milk an almond!
          I'll give it further thought
over a cold glass of 100% whole
milk as I dunk a couple Oreos!
          Hope you've Got Milk and
that all your NEWS is good!

     
       

No comments:

Post a Comment