Thursday, January 17, 2019

OUR SAILING LIST!


  FRIDAY, JANUARY 18TH., 2019
             OUR SAILING LIST!

     My grandson and I went sailing
the other day. Sort of!
      He found, among our collection
of toys that have been enjoyed by
both our kids and grandkids, a
Fisher-Price Play Family Camper.
It's got a small boat on top so, naturally,
he wanted to see it float. And he knew
just the place! The bathtub!
       Now sailing toy boats in a bathtub
with a three-year-old requires some
preparations. First, of course, shirt
sleeves have to be rolled up as high
as possible to keep them as dry.
Because of our close proximity my
sleeves must be adjusted as well.
        The rug must be moved from
the area and towels, other than those
required for cleanup, put aside.
          The drain plug is inserted
and a quantity of luke warm water
is run to create an artificial lake
or ocean depending on his game
scenario. Judging from the waves
he created I'd say we were at sea.
            As the small plastic craft
begins to float he realizes there
are seats inside for Fisher-Price
characters. We have a few so he
heads back to the playroom to
retrieve a few "sailors."
             For some reason kids, I
assume others are like my little
guy, like to sink the boats they're
sailing. This phase of the game is
crucial to cleanup because each
piece that goes into the tub must
be carefully dried before leaving
the bathroom lest a trail and perhaps
a puddle of water, finds its way
elsewhere in the house.
              Little and big hands and
arms must be dried as well before
this nautical adventure comes to an
end. We did have a lot of fun though!
              I thought of our game
the next day as I stepped into the same
tub for my morning shower!
              In spite of all our planning
we had neglected to pull the plug!
Cold water on bear feet really makes
for an exciting start to one's day! No
Pirate ever screamed louder!!!!
              Hope I remember to include
that on my check list next time. and
that all your NEWS is good!


         

No comments:

Post a Comment