Sunday, January 20, 2019

WEATHERING THE STORM!


    MONDAY, JANUARY 21ST., 2019
        WEATHERING THE STORM!

    Well the storm showed up on Saturday
just as I expected. It wasn't all bad though.
My wife and I were both delighted that our
eldest grandson used his common sense and
came straight from his job in Wilkes-Barre
to our house instead of trying to make it
over the mountain to his home outside of
Hazleton.
       It was good to have a sleepover
just like we did when we was about 4 or 5.
At 20 though he was able to do some initial
shoveling for us as the snow began to pile
up.
        For some reason he declined to have
me cook anything for him. Maybe he's been
reading my blogs about the meals I've been
preparing for my wife while her foot heals
from surgery.
         He got called back to work early in
the morning so Sunday was up to me! I
made some serious manly decisions!
         First I ignored my wife's wishes
and went outside to clean both cars and
do move shoveling! I vowed to myself
not to complain (out loud) about my back
when I came in.
        Next I selected the menu for the day.
Leftovers! It's much harder to burn your
thumb if you're using a microwave oven!
        Finally I spent the better part of the
day watching Football! I'm not an
especially big football fan but I'm told
this is how many men spend their Sundays.
         Now I'm all set to observe the
holiday (except my back hurts a little bit.)
Hope the supply of leftovers holds out and
that all your NEWS is good!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment