Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Avalanche!


   I had to fight the snow as I drove to Scranton
on Monday. It was flurries for most of the trip.
But every so often it came down like an
avalanche.
   Now you're probably saying there was no snow
on Monday. And you would be correct.
   Let's back up.
   You'll remember the snow that fell last Friday.
We had about 3 to 5 inches in Wyoming Valley
and most of us faced a big cleanup Saturday
morning.
    One of the hardest parts, for me, was cleaning
the snow off the top of my van. There are spots
you just can't reach with the usual snow brush.
I had to use a broom to get all the snow off.
    But it had to be done! According to the State
Vehicle Code (Chapter 37, .3720) you could face
a fine ranging from $200 to $1,000 if snow or ice
from your car hits somebody else and causes
injury or death. 
     Somebody has got to get a copy of that law
to the Tractor Trailer driver that managed to stay
right in front of me for nearly my entire drive to
Scranton yesterday!
      The snow on the top of the trailer he was
hauling had to be at least a half foot deep. The
only clear spots were where snow had already
blown or broken off  landing....you guessed it....
right in front of anybody behind or right next
to the big rig!
      I managed to dodge a few landslides as I
drove and wondered if everybody else was as
lucky?
      If cleaning my van roof was tough you've
got to think cleaning the top of that trailer
was a big job. But snow coming off my roof
would be like a snowball. This guy had a
potential avalanche on his rig!
      Of course, maybe he was hauling snow.
Was somebody short changed in Friday's
storm? Maybe he was taking it home for his
kids to make a snowman. A very big snowman!
       I was just glad he continued to head north
as I got off on the Scranton Expressway
       Have a nice trip buddy. And don't worry
about that snowstorm in your rear view
mirror. It's very "local."
       Hope the guy in front of you has cleaned
his car and that all your NEWS is good!









































 
   
     

1 comment:

  1. This obviously doesn't apply to big-rig drivers, just like speed limits and safe following distances.

    ReplyDelete