Saturday, February 16, 2013

It Came From Outer Space!


 Planet Earth has had a couple of visitors from
outer space over the past few days!
  Yesterday an asteroid flew within 17,200 miles
of Earth and passed safely by. But earlier in the
day a meteor flared through the skies over Russia's
Chelyabinsk region triggering an atomic bomb-sized
shock wave that injured more than a thousand people,
blew out windows and caused some Russians to fear
the end of the world!
   And you've got to wonder!
   Remember "The Blob?"  That creepy, crawly
substance that ate everything in its path came out of
a meteor! And it ended up threatening Steve McQueen
in the basement of a diner right here in Pennsylvania!
    The Downingtown Diner has been replaced with a
newer model. But the basement where McQueen and
his girl were holed up against the Blob is still there.
     Now you're probably saying..."It's only a movie."
     But I keep thinking about how they quarantined
all those Moon rocks the Astronauts brought back.
Weren't they afraid they might have some kind of
germs that could spread around the planet?
      And now I'm worried about my old home town!
      Many years ago....in fact many, many years ago....
my brother took me to the Museum of Natural
History in New York. I remember buying a little
book that had an actual piece of meteor attached to
the cover. Who knows to what I might have been
exposed! And, somewhere over the years, I lost it!
       Maybe there's a little Blob that's lose somewhere
in Hazleton!
       And I'd be to blame!
       After all, it was my meteor..rite?
       Sorry about that!
       Hope your sky is clear and that all your NEWS
is good!






















No comments:

Post a Comment