Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The "Write" Stuff?


  Well my long awaited return to the world of
print is over! I used to write poetry for my
Junior High School newspaper. A few years
later I wrote an entertainment column for a
weekly newspaper in Nanticoke. Then, under
a nom de plume,  I did a media column for a
paper in Wilkes-Barre. The "pen name"
probably saved my life a couple of times!
   Anyhow, now, I'm back! And under my
own name!
   My first column , under the banner "Today's
Grandparent", was published as part of the
"Today's Child" insert in yesterday's Scranton
Times. You can probably still find a copy
if you look hard enough!
   As I believe I've mentioned in an earlier
Blog I seemed to meet at least a couple of
the editor's prerequisites. I am old and have
grand children. I'm two for two there!
   They, the grand kids, provide an endless
supply of story material.  I related, for
instance, how I got a call from school one
day because my grandson felt ill and his
parents were unavailable. So it was Grandpa
to the rescue! I was fine with him napping
on our sofa. My biggest concern was the
chance he might have to use that plastic
bucket I left by his side. You see....my wife
was out shopping!
    I lucked out and he was OK!
    Now I'll start working on the next column.
   It's not exactly like it used to be in the TV
News business.
   My next deadline is April 1st. There's
something that seems especially appropriate
about that date!
    Hope I can make it and that all your NEWS
is good!






      
   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment