Saturday, February 23, 2013

This little Piggy went........


    I had to go to the Foot Doctor yesterday!
    For some unknown reason my usual two mile
morning walk suddenly felt like the Bataan Death
March!
    I limped along. My left foot felt as though a
car was using it for a parking space. Being a
"trained observer" it occurred to me that something
was wrong.
    I'm not quick to go to the doctor. That said, I've
probably seen as many physicians this year as
movies!
    After trying to put up with the discomfort on
Wednesday I suggested my wife call her Podiatrist
to see if he might see me. She did and he said
"Yes."
    When I got up yesterday I discovered that my
foot pain was very similar to a tooth ache. It never
seems to hurt quite as much when you're on your
way to the dentist! It's kind of like that knock you
hear in your car that disappears when you drive
into the garage!
     Of course the discomfort wasn't completely
gone so I kept my appointment.
     As I waited for the doctor I relaxed on his
examination chair. These recliners should be
made available to the general public. This thing
was so comfortable I'm considering having a
weekly pain just so I can get some rest!
     The doctor carefully checked my foot for
the tender spots that were sensitive to touch.
      "Does this hurt", he asked, as I stifled
a scream and replied "Oh Yes!" 
      He suggested an X-Ray to rule out a stress
fracture. I made my way to another room where
I expected to see one of those fluoroscope
machines like they used to have in all the Shoe
Stores back in the 50's and 60's.
     The Doc had heard of them. I remember
using them! His machine was a bit more
modern...by about 50 years!
    Anyhow, no fracture, just some inflammation.
The doctor found it, basically, underneath the
piggy that had roast beef! 
    I'll have to cut the daily walk for about
5 days...or 3 to 4 extra pounds the way I've
got it figured. He said to come back if it
doesn't feel better by then. I may go back
anyway just for a nap in that examination
chair!
     Hope your arches haven't fallen and that
all your NEWS is good!





Not my foot!









   
   
    
50's Fluorscope

No comments:

Post a Comment