Monday, February 11, 2013

Getting Carded


   We seem to be using money, that is actual
currency, less and less these days.
    The "card" is taking over.
    We have credit cards, debit cards, gift cards,
key cards, ID cards, all kinds of cards.
     You don't have to go into a gas station
anymore to pay for your fuel. You just swipe
your card at the pump and you're good to go.
      Another card may get you an extra 3 cents
off each gallon. Just swipe that card before
you pay with the other one.
       Some of the cards allow you to get
discounts on purchases at various stores.
       Each card has it's own design but they're
all the same size and fit conveniently into your
wallet or purse.
       For some reason I can't explain many of
the cards are red. I guess it's a marketing
thing.
        But while these cards are convenient
you're got to be careful when you use them....or
try to!
        I learned, during my last two visits to
Cinemas, that you cannot obtain tickets to
the theater with a Sheetz card!
       Both cards are red! I reached into my
wallet to get the gift card I had been given for
the theater chain and, both times, I handed a
Sheetz  "Rewards Card" to the young ladies
manning the ticket booth. Like I said, they're
both red!
       My face took on that shade as well when
my wife said "You did it again."  On the other
hand, the last ticket seller swiped my card three
times before I realized it was the wrong one!
I did find the right one so we managed to get in.
     And I won't have the problem again...at
least not at the theater. I used the last $1.50
on the card as partial payment on my pop
corn and tossed the card after that.
    Now I'm wondering how many gallons
of gas I may have purchased at Sheetz with
my Movie Card!?
     Hope you carry some cash , just in case, and
that all your NEWS is good!


























           

1 comment:

  1. Dave, maybe next time try this: my prescription and ins card are close @ a glance. The 1 I use the most, I put a little white adhesive tape in the right corner. Now when I go 2 grab my prescription card I can feel 4 the tape & know am good 2 go! Prob sounds goofy 2 u but works like a charm 4 me.

    ReplyDelete