Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Spring forward....Please!


    Forget the Groundhog! Judging from the
mess we've see since February 2nd and the
latest weather forecast, Phil must need glasses
so he doesn't miss his shadow next time!
    I've always looked to the sky for signs the
season might be changing. I don't mean what
the clouds look like.
    That familiar "V" shape of Canada Geese
is often a barometer of a change in the
weather.
     That's why I was anxious when I heard
the sound of geese in West Pittston yesterday.
      I scanned the sky hoping to see a flight
of the birds. I hoped, of course, to see them
flying North. But there were none to be
seen!
     When I heard their sound again I realized
they weren't in flight! They were standing
along the river bank. They must have
stopped to rest their wings.
      I'm guessing they're part of an advance
scouting party. I suppose it's still a good
sign that Spring may be a little bit closer.
      They must have flown in recently!
There were signs of their presence in the
grass all along the shoreline. I was careful
not to step in them! They can leave all they
want if it means they'll soon be sending
for their buddies camping out somewhere
south of here!
       Darn thing is...when they did start to
fly....they were heading East. I have no
idea what that's suppose to mean!
       I'm just hoping they haven't been
influence by any of the TV or radio
weather forecasts. They're enough to scare
anybody away!
       I'm counting on those birds to bring
us some Spring. Otherwise, we'll all know
where we can get some refills for our
pillows and mattresses!
       Hope we see them soon and that all your
NEWS is good!




























 
      
 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment