Sunday, December 22, 2013

A Rewarding Day!


    Saturday, December 21st may have been the
shortest day of the year. But I made the most of
it.
    First, after a mile and a half walk to begin
the day I decided it might be time to start my
Christmas shopping.
    It's early for me. I've been know to frequent
the stores on Christmas Eve.
    But I knew where I wanted to go and what
I wanted t buy so, by Noon, I had things all
wrapped up. Well.....nearly.
    Fortunately I have a daughter who lives
nearby, worked in retail for a number of years
and can wrap anything I can buy whatever the
shape may be. She came to my rescue.
    That gave me the time to make one of my
favorite Christmas shops! It's at my local
garage!
     I've mentioned Ledoretti's before. It's a
family owned Service Station where you not
only get service.....but food.
     Stop in any lunch time and you'll probably
end up sharing something with the boys there.
     Stop in around Christmas and you won't
get out without some holiday goodies and, just
maybe, a sip of wine to celebrate Christmas.
     I brought some kielbasa which they
cooked up on their coal fire grill.
     It's more like visiting an old friend's home
than stopping by for an inspection!
     After all that my wife and I were off to
the annual Huntzinger Karate School Christmas
Party!
    I don't do karate, although I did break a board
one time. In my case though it was an accident!
   In any case, my grandson received two
special honors and a promotion to 2nd degree
Black Belt at the shindig while my son-in-law
received the school's "Most Honorable Award"
for his services to the instructional program
there!
     The they fed us!
     Wow....so much in the shortest day of the
year! I can't wait for June 21st to see how much
I get done then!
      Hope your days are filled with good NEWS!

































No comments:

Post a Comment