Friday, December 6, 2013

Twinkle, Twinkle


     You have to be amazed when you see all
those beautiful stars in the sky! I am!
     God probably had no trouble putting them
there. But, then again, God probably didn't
have anybody trying to help.
     I was only trying to deal with about two
dozen stars. But my wife and daughter were
there to help.
     In my case the stars were Christmas lights.
     I didn't have to get them to Heaven. Just
on the rain gutter. It might as well have been
Heaven!
     The rain gutter in question was about five
feet above the top step of our ladder. I do not
stand at the very top of ladders. My reach,
however, was just about enough to attach the
clips needed to attach the wire holding the
stars to the gutter. The key words here are
"just about!"
     For some reason I still don't understand, my
helpers decided to plug the lights in as I was
attempting to put them in place.
     Thus, with arms outstretched and hands
trying desperately to attach the small clips onto
the unseen edge of the gutter somewhere near
the limit of my reach, the tiny, bright, LED lights
of a star were blinking directly into my eyes.
     I could avoid the blinding blinkers by simply
glancing towards the ground. But it's amazing
how the view from a six foot step ladder can
simulate a 60 foot drop when you're standing on
the 4th or 5th step!
     Of course about the time I got a clip in place
someone on the ground crew would suggest it be
moved "a little to the left" or "a little to the right."
    After my small constellation was in place I
remained on my perch adjusting a control designed
to regulate the speed of the twinkling stars. My
advisers each checked a section of lights and fed
me commands until their minds and the lights were
in sync! Finally I was able to climb down from Everest
(I mean the ladder).
    Hope you'll enjoy the stars if you happen to pass by
and that all your NEWS is good!





No comments:

Post a Comment