Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Bigger They Are.....


   I was surprised when I woke yesterday
morning and learned that many area school
districts had called for a two hour delay.
   There was a light coating of snow on my
car. But, unlike the past couple days, there
wasn't any actual snow falling when I decided
to go out for my morning walk.
    I found plenty of snow along my route too.
   And a lot of signs that other critters were
out and about as well.
   I saw cat tracks. I saw dog tracks, I saw
squirrel tracks!
   I did not see that slight raise between the
two sections of sidewalk!
   Next thing I knew my walking stick was
flying to the right and I was flying....well
falling forward!
    I'm glad there was still a bit of snow on the
sidewalk. It was probably at least a little
better that crashing on uncovered concrete.
Well maybe a little!
    Realizing that my embarrassment was worse
that the bruise that was about to take shape on
my leg or the brush burn like cut on my
knee I quickly called myself "Safe", got up
and resumed by walk.
    In retrospect. perhaps I should have given
myself a two hour delay!
    Hope you're careful out there and that all
your NEWS is good!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment