Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Snowed In!


       We had plans for the day.
       A dentist appointment then some
routine blood work were on the calendar.
One scheduled for 10, the other either
right before or right after.
      But even before our alarm had
sounded schools were canceling classes
and traffic alerts were being issued for
the turnpike and other major roadways.
     We decided to cancel too.
     Still, I figured I'd take a chance and
try to get my two mile morning walk in
before the blizzard overtook me!
     I made it! It was minutes after 9am,
the very hour the storm was due, and I
was still untouched by a single flake!
     Dare I press my luck and try for the
pharmacy to pick up a prescription? "Go
for it" I thought!
     I was sure the storm would catch up
with me before I could get home. But it
didn't!
    It finally started snowing just about
the time we had expected it to stop. By
then any thoughts of plans for the day had
been scrapped.
    I retrieved our snow shovels from the shed.
But there was nothing to shovel. Just a light
coating over our street.
    We had been "snowed in" ....more by
threat than by flakes! 
     Hope the rest of this year's storms will
look like that. If so I'm pretty sure all our
NEWS will be good!





No comments:

Post a Comment