Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Bah, Humbug!


       Scrooge has returned! And I'm glad he's back!
       For me, no Christmas season would be complete
without watching a version of "A Christmas Carol."
      They show up on television every December. But
just in case I miss one I've got a half dozen or so
versions stored on dvd's and video tape!
      When I was just a kid my Mom, Dad, brother, and
I would gather around an old combination radio. record
player and listen to a 78rpm recording of famed actor
Lionel Barrymore narrating the Charles Dickens classic.
       This year Disney's HD Channel was first to air the
story broadcasting an animated version featuring Jim
Carrey in all of the roles!
        It's a great adaptation. But there was one problem!
        The folks on this Disney outlet were apparently
afraid I'd forget which channel I was watching! They
felt compelled to superimpose their logo "Disney HD"
over the beautiful animation throughout the entire movie!
        The logo only disappeared when the commercials
came on! I guess they didn't want to claim credit for
those.
        And so, dear Disney, I say thanks for the movie and
Bah Humbug to your logo!
        Hope they're haunted by three spirits and that all
your NEWS is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment