Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Lets Hear It For The FLAKES Out There!


   I'm serious! Let's hear it for the Flakes
out there!
   I'm not referring to those strange friends
we all have. At least I don't think so.
   I'm talking about snow flakes.
   December 18th is National "Flake
Appreciation Day!"
    It's a fun day apparently created to
encourage us to take notice of snow flakes
and to be mesmerized by each icy one that
falls.
    I  took notice and was mesmerized by
many that fell yesterday forming about an
inch of slippery beauty on roads throughout
the area!
    A number of my fellow drivers didn't
seem to be paying much attention to the
flakes....or anything else....as they flew by
demonstrating their ability to fishtail on the
streets and in the parking lots!
     Strange how the term "Flake" occurred
to me as they whizzed by!
     I'd be just as happy if this were the only
day we had flakes, of any kind, to appreciate!
Whether they're falling from the clouds or
congesting our highways, one way or another,
I've "appreciated" quite enough already thank
you!
     Hope you're not flakey and that all your
NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment