Thursday, December 26, 2013

Here's a Tip...It's Boxing Day!


   Here's hoping you all had a very Merry Christmas!
   As I write my daily Blog the day before it's
published, my December 26th Blog would, of course,
be written on Christmas Day.
    I wanted to take the day off. But I can't ignore a
holiday that's observed by much of the world!
    It's "Boxing Day" and it's today!
    I had plenty of boxes yesterday and they were
scattered all over the place! But, as it turns out,
there's a little bit more to "Boxing Day."
    According to holidayinsights.com, Boxing Day
is celebrated in England, Australia, Canada, New
Zealand and other former British commonwealth
countries. It is a legal holiday in these countries.
    It stems from St. Stephan's Day, when churches
opened their collection boxes to the poor.
    Boxing Day was an expression of appreciation
and thanks, like Christmas tips are today.        
     So if you missed your chance to tip your paperboy, favorite waitress, or just some Blogger yourknow, do it today with a wish for a "HappyBoxing Day!"     I'll provide my address if you need it!     Hope you'll "celebrate" and that all yourNEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment