Saturday, December 21, 2013

Shopping Gridlock


     My wife and I had to head to Barns &
Noble yesterday to take advantage of a
great deal on a Cheesecake. And I thought
they only had books!
     But this Barns & Noble is in the vicinity
of the Wyoming Valley Mall.
     It was around 3 o'clock so we figured
we'd beat all those shoppers heading out
as soon as they got our of work.
    Wrong! Either that or everyone who
was not working had the same idea!
    The line of traffic coming and going
was long and slow! We even tried a couple
clever maneuvers to get around some of
the mess. They may have helped, But it
was tough to tell. We did find shorter
lines. But our "clever route" also took us
to traffic lights that seemed to be stuck on
a "Not Your Turn Yet" setting of some sort!
     I was getting just a bit apprehensive as
we had purchased some groceries before
heading out on this errand. I was afraid
some of those goods might hit their
expiration date by the time we got through
the traffic mess and home!
      Ultimately it took about 30 minutes to
travel what amounted to three miles!
       I didn't have my camera along. But my
good friend Nancy Kayman of WILK hit
a similar backup along Route 81 so I'm
borrowing her photo to show you.
       Can't imagine why all these people
are out now doing their Christmas shopping!
       Guess I'll have to start mine now!
       Hope everyone else is done and home by
now and that all your NEWS is good! 



















   

No comments:

Post a Comment