Monday, November 2, 2015

A VOTE FOR DAGWOOD!

   TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3RD.

    A VOTE FOR DAGWOOD!

    Most of you are probably aware
this is Election Day. Many are
probably not aware it's also
Sandwich Day!
     What a great day to vote for
your favorite Sandwich!
      In 1762 John Montagu, the
4th Earl of Sandwich, created the
sandwich, by putting meat between
two pieces of bread. He did so to
allow him to spend more time at
the gambling table rather than
leave his games for meals.
     That, of course, suggests that
sandwiches are "a good bet!"
     The Earl may have invented this
lunch favorite. But the cartoon
character Dagwood took it to
new heights, literally, with a
sandwich that featured multi
layers of meats, cheeses, and
condiments!
      I am a better sandwich
eater than maker. Although
there has been significant
improvement in my Peanut
Butter and Jelly sandwiches since
I started applying the peanut
butter before the jelly!
      I've also toasted my bread
from time to time. I've found
it's best to put your meat and
cheese on the bread after it
comes out of the toaster! The
other way is faster but often
sets off the smoke alarm.
     By the way, some of that
cheese comes wrapped in
paper. You should probably
remove it before eating or toasting.
     I'm also told it's important
to place your sandwich on a plate,
and get a napkin before taking it
into the living room to eat. My
wife keeps reminding me of this
policy. I wonder if Mrs. Earl
had similar rules around the
gambling tables?
      I got so hungry writing this
I had to have a sandwich! Hope I
got all the crumbs this time, and
that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment