Sunday, November 22, 2015

Talking Turkey!

      MONDAY, NOVEMBER 23RD.

           TALKING TURKEY!

       I must have stuck out like a sore
thumb yesterday. Our Pastor asked
the men in our congregation if they
realized the process of thawing a
frozen turkey had to have begun if
we expected to serve that bird on
Thanksgiving Day. I knew that! But
I think I was the only guy who raised
his hand.
        I've learned a lot about turkeys
over the years. Even worked with a
few. I knew we'd need a big one this
year. We've got a lot of family getting
together on Thursday. The one we
found weighed in at just under 30
pounds! I wasn't sure the shopping
cart could handle it. It looks like
a small VW!
      I know we got a healthy bird.
According to the label it has never
had antibiotics and was raised on
vegetables! It must have had a lot
of carrots and potatoes!
     It's heavier than my three month
old grandson and not built to be carried!
I managed to get it inside which pretty
much takes care of my responsibilities
until I get to the dinner table!
      My wife will handle all the cooking
preparations. I'm still not sure why she
has to stuff it. I don't believe it's hollow!
We certainly won't be once we've
consumed it.
       Hope it thaws in plenty of time and
that all your NEWS is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment