Monday, November 23, 2015

WHAT'S HAPPENING?

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 24TH.

     WHAT'S HAPPENING?

      It was yesterday afternoon.
About 4 o'clock. I fired up my laptop
to check Facebook and found a message
which had been sent just 15 minutes
earlier. It was from a young lady
representing Happenings Magazine.
She was writing to tell me I had won
an award for the BEST BLOG! I
assumed she had the wrong guy. But
no. She was looking for me!
She included a phone number to call
for more information.
     While honored, I was stunned!
First I had no idea there was any
contest in which my daily blog had
been entered! Secondly, when I
called the telephone number, I got
a recording telling me the Award
Luncheon was today!
       Since I knew Happenings
Magazine was involved I checked
on line and learned that reservations
for the luncheon were due nearly a
week ago! But I didn't know I won
a week ago!
       I left a message on the machine
as well as on my Facebook message
with my telephone number in the
hope someone might call and tell
me what was "happening."
       A representative did respond
and admitted that, although I won
the award, no one knew how to
find me! That probably shocked me
as much as winning! I'm on ECTV
everyday. I'm on Facebook everyday.
And, my name and number are, and
have always been, in the telephone
book! I may be the easiest guy in
this area to find! 
        I happen to think the world of
Happenings Magazine! It is a great
publication which represents our
area in an impressive format with
highly professional standards. That
said, I do think the staff should get
a telephone book!
       Apparently the contest in which
my Blog was named was one in
which readers submitted the name
of their favorite businesses or, in my
case, favorite Blog. So I've got you
to thank! Of course I'm not sure exactly
who "you" are or how many of you there
are. I know my wife didn't vote for me!
       But I do thank you although you
may have just set the "art" of blogging
back a few years!
          Hope I find out "what's happening"
a little sooner in the future...and that all
your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment