Thursday, November 12, 2015

The Great Cover Up!

       FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 13TH.

        THE GREAT COVER UP!

     It is nearing that time of year when
I park my little red sports car for the
winter and await next Spring with its
first encouraging signs of top down
travel weather!
     But my storage plans ran into
some problems this year. For the 1st
time since I used a breathable cover
to protect my vehicle I found serious
signs of tearing on the tarp! The cover
had weathered blazing sunshine, heavy
rains, stiff winds, and our usual helpings
of wet, cold snow.
     The sudden deterioration was a
mystery to me spreading rips. And a worry
as old man Winter waited in the wings.
     The answer came last week about
the time I was taking out the garbage.
There, perched on top of my treasured
car and its cover was one of those
cats that wander unattended through
our neighborhood. I chased it with a
quick  shout out only to find it came
back about an hour later. My wife said
she had seen it on a couple other
occasions as well. Sure enough, the
rapidly spreading rips on my cover
matched the path of the feline as it
climbed on then perched on the canvas.
Cat hair could be seen around all the
same spots and small scratch marks
on the vehicle underneath are as good
as fingerprints pointing to the culprit!
       I've written about these cats
before. No one claims ownership of
the animals. Someone lets feed
out for them then allows them to
roam on other properties which they
use as their litter boxes.
      I've had to shell out for a new
cover for the car...not inexpensive
I might add. My next purchase will
be a  weapon to defend my property!
I'm heading to Toys R Us to pick
up a good water gun!
      I won't hurt the critters. But I
plan to dampen their enthusiasm
for camping out on my canvas!
       Hope they get the message and
that all your NEWS is good!



     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment