Monday, November 30, 2015

The Most Sincere Pumpkin Patch!

         TUESDAY, DECEMBER 1ST.

THE MOST SINCERE PUMPKIN PATCH!

         Each year on Halloween night Peanuts
Character Linus sits in a pumpkin patch
awaiting the arrival of The Great Pumpkin!
He's been doing it since 1959! So far, the
Great Pumpkin has failed to show.
           The best-known quote regarding Linus
and the Great Pumpkin, made famous by the
annual TV special, is: "There are three things I
have learned never to discuss with people:
religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."
             Linus has also suggested the reason
for the "no show" is because he's failed to find
the most sincere pumpkin patch.
             I realize I'm a month late. It's December
now. But I believe I may have discovered the
very pumpkin patch Linus has been for. It
happened last week as my wife and I were
out for one of our "no destination in particular
rides."
            We were in the area of Forks in
Columbia County when we spotted what looked
like a sea of yellowish-orange! Two fields flanked
the road and in each, were thousands of pumpkins.
I would estimate between 5 and 10 thousand!
             Since Halloween had already passed
and Thanksgiving was too close to allow for a
harvest I have to believe these plants were
being left to become fertilizer for whatever crop
will be planted in these fields next year.
             Still, that's a whole lot of would-be
pumpkin pies! Wish I would have come by on
Halloween! I suspect I just might have caught
a glimpse of the Great Pumpkin! Seems pretty
sincere to me!
             Hope Linus reads this Blog and that
all your NEWS is good!


















No comments:

Post a Comment