Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Going, Going, Gone!

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 18TH.

      GOING, GOING, GONE!

     Our joyrides usually have some
sort of destination in mind. But I'm
always amazed at what we find
along the way.
      After writing about Joe Spinelli's
elaborate Christmas display in my
Tuesday Blog my wife and I decided
to swing by his house to see if he's ready
for his scheduled Black Friday premier.
      I knew he lived in Newfoundland
(Wayne County).
      I knew you had to turn at the
blinking light and go up to 391 Crestmont
Drive. 
      I didn't know the road went right
by the Fire House.
      And I didn't know there's an Auction
at the Fire House every Tuesday!
      Next thing I did know my wife and
I were inside checking out table after
table to items to be offered on the
auction block. And there were plenty!
Toys, tools, even the kitchen sink!
       Then it got scary! My wife
picked up one of the numbers that
allows you to bid!
       Admittedly there were a couple
of things that attracted my attention.
But nothing I absolutely had to have.
       My wife expressed interest in
two ornamental frogs.  I'm still not
sure why. But, sure enough, they
were in the next lot to be auctioned.
My wife figured a $5 bid might do
it. But another bidder topped her
by $2.50. The auctioneer called for
ten dollars. Fortunately my wife
quit at that point. I probably would
have croaked if the frog bids kept
going up!
       I felt lucky. Not because of the
frogs. It was because we showed up
rather late and missed a mess of items
that could have had my money going,
going, gone!
      Hope I can find another route
for our next ride...and that all your
NEWS is good!








        

No comments:

Post a Comment