Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Good For What Ails You!

       THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 5TH.

       GOOD FOR WHAT AILS YOU!

       I had a tough Election night! And
I can't figure out why.
       I wasn't a candidate. I could see
why they'd have a rough day, win or
lose. Up early, hitting the polls, kissing
babies, calling Sue Henry on Talk Radio,
hoping to convince people to vote for
them at the last minute, then staying up late
to see if anybody did!
       After covering elections since the
early 1960's I could see why an active
reporter would be worn out. Doing multiple
reports before and after the polls closed,
most without any results. Then chasing
down those same candidates who were
waiting to see if they'd won their race.
But I haven't had to cover an election
since the Primary of 2009.
       It couldn't have been the exhausting
process of voting. Since most people
stayed hone I just had to make my way
through the crowd of political workers
handing out flyers and thanking me in
advance for the vote they hoped I'd give
them. Heck, it only took three minutes
to vote and two of those were spent
wondering who all those candidates
were. I'd never heard of half of them
before election day!
      Maybe my problem was eye strain!
Every time I tried to concentrate on my
TV show there would be all kinds of
names and numbers running right to
left across the screen. I think they were
even counting three or four races in my
general area. The rest......well.....I could
care less!
      Whatever the reason I found myself
uncomfortable, unable to sleep, and with
a right leg that seemed to want to go
somewhere without the rest of me. When
sleep didn't come by 2:30am I figured I'd
better take something for what ailed me.
I found the answer in the back of our
refrigerator in the form of a long
forgotten bottle of  "Summer Love Ale."
I don't know who brought it, how long
it was in there, or whether it was "on
hold" for someone. I drank it.
        I don't like Ale so I downed it
quickly. And almost just as quickly I
was down for the count. Seems it was
good for what "Ale-ed" me!
        Hope it wasn't yours...and that
all your NEWS is good!

       

No comments:

Post a Comment