Friday, March 16, 2018

A VERY BIG DAY!


 SATURDAY, MARCH 17TH., 2018
           A VERY BIG DAY!

   If my typing seems just a bit shaky
it's not because I started celebrating
too early.
    Right about now Karl is sitting on
my comfortable and very stable couch
where I usually write this daily
masterpiece.
    I, on the other hand, am sitting in
the Lounge Car on the AutoTrain as
my wife and I head for a short visit
with family in Florida.
    I have a nice seat in the car just
behind this one but as I type just
about everybody there is asleep and
the car is dark.
    Judging from all the laughter I
heard from this car earlier this
evening it was my belief that the
Saint Patrick's Day celebration
had started a bit early. Now, however,
the Lounge crowd consists of me, a
young gentleman listening to his head
phones, a lady using her cell phone,
and an attendant who is on duty all
night.
    I have several reasons to celebrate
the very big day.
    In addition to that Irish guy, who
as a citizen under Roman rule might
very well be considered Italian, March
17th also marks the Birthday of my
cousin Lisa, and my niece Tammy.
     As if that wasn't enough the date
also happens to mark my "Half Birthday."
You know, 6 months till my actual
Birthday. Kids are always bragging
about being two or three and a half.
In my case t just happens to be 75 and
a half!
     So, before I get off the train I'll
have changed into my green shirt
which will celebrate all the reasons
for this being a very big day.
     I may go back to the other car
now to see if that guy in the seat
across from mine has stopped
snoring!
      Happy Saint Patrick's Day!
And sure-an I'm hoping all your
NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment