Saturday, March 3, 2018

BEST OF THE WORST!


  SUNDAY, MARCH 4TH., 2018
        BEST OF THE WORST!

    Tonight the Movie Industry salutes
its best at the annual Academy Awards
presentations.
     But yesterday the Razzie Awards
were announced. The Razzie Awards
are the results of a poll looking for
the worst offerings from Hollywood!
     My wife and I enjoy going to the
movies. We don't always agree with
the Academy's picks but I totally
agree with the Razzie's pick
for worst picture this year!
     That "honor" goes to "The Mummy"
starting Tom Cruise.
      I caught it on Netflix last week.
I just had to watch. I've been a big fan
of the old horror movies since I was a
kid. I still don't think you can beat the
original black and white productions
from way back when.
      The original Mummy movie, for
instance, was released in 1932. That
was ten years before I came along so
I must have seen it's re-release!
      William Henry Pratt played the
lead. Some of you may know him better
ny his stage name. Boris Karloff!
       They didn't have all the special
effects they use in horror and science
fiction movies today. They didn't need
them!
        The basic, but scary, makeup
coupled with dramatic music that
matched the scenes was enough to
have most of us kids cover our face
from time to time. In fact a lot of us
probably missed ten minutes or more
of each film by hiding our eyes when
we got scared!
       I wish I had covered my eyes a
lot more when I saw this latest version
of "The Mummy." They should have
kept this one under wraps! (Get it?
Mummy. Under wraps.) OK.
       I should not have been surprised.
This is the second time Tom Cruise
has wrecked a classic for me! He was
equally bad in the 2005 remake of
"War Of The Worlds."
       Seems when it comes to this movie
genre Cruise is truly embarking on a
Mission Impossible!
        There's my review for this
Academy Award Day. I give "The
Mummy" two thumbs and two big
toes down!
        Hope you miss it and that all
your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment