Thursday, March 22, 2018

GOING TO THE DOGS!


  FRIDAY, MARCH 23RD., 2018
       GOING TO THE DOGS!

    Well it finally happened! Our family
reunion in Florida went to the dogs. The
Dog Track that is!
     I had been alerted the day before that
the Thursday plan included a visit to the
dog racing track in Sarasota.
     I've never been to a dog race before.
I tried to imagine just how tiny jockeys
would have to be to ride a dog!
     Turns out they don't have riders! The
dogs, Greyhounds like the ones you see
on the sides of those busses, chase this
mechanical rabbit around a track to see
which one can cross the finish line first.
     Much like a horse race you are
encouraged to place monetary bets on
the K9 you believe will win the race, or
come in second or third.
      My attempt to bet on the mechanical
rabbit was rejected. Too bad. It's the only
bet I would have won. I did think I had a
sure bet in the final race but my hopes
were dashed when Dog # 5 failed to win,
place, or show. In fact it came in last.
Unfortunately there are no door prizes.
       My wife and a couple of her siblings
had better results although no one walked
away able to buy the Maserati I saw
parked just outside. I assume it belongs
to the guy who owns the track.
        Oh well. My Blog readers are still
first with me! Hope you're all winners
and that all your NEWS is good.










No comments:

Post a Comment