Friday, March 30, 2018

GOING HOME!


     SATURDAY, MARCH 31ST., 2018
                   GOING HOME!

    My wife and I hosted our two-year-old
grandson for a sleepover Friday into
Saturday.
    I thought it might be a good idea to
give him a taste of his heritage so I
headed "home."
    In my case that involved a trip to
Hazleton.
    We began with a stop at the Laurel
Mall although, in all fairness, it wasn't
a part of my growing up. That's because
I pretty much grew up before the mall
existed. But the mall does have
escalators and since the Leader Department
store, where I first road the moving stairs,
is long gone this visit gave him a glimpse
of the ride I came to enjoy.
      I drove him past the home in which
I was born although I'm not sure it made
much of an impression.
      The same could probably be said
for my elementary school. Since he's
not yet in kindergarten the neighborhood
school tradition isn't exactly in his blood.
       But there's one taste of my old home
town that clearly was a success. We
stopped at Jimmy's Hot Dogs for lunch
and there's no doubt it's one tradition
that may well extend to this next
generation!
       It's nice to leave a legacy of
good taste!
       Hope he learns to hold the
onions and that all your NEWS is
good!
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment