Saturday, March 24, 2018

BARGIN HUNTING!


  SUNDAY, MARCH 25TH., 2018
           BARGIN HUNTING!

    Our last full day with family in
Florida included a full schedule. And
it started early!
    My sister-in-law told us this was
the day to hit the yard sales and
recruited my wife and another sister
to make the rounds.
     There was no objection to my
coming along probably because there's
always a chance someone will buy
something heavy. Otherwise men are
not a usual accessory for these type
shopping trips.
     I generally just watched over their
shoulders as they scanned the clothing,
kitchen ware, and odds and ends set
out on card and snack tables.
     We didn't need our check book.
It was 50 cents here, a dollar there,
and any good offer on our part was
quickly accepted.
      That's when I spotted the small
Digital camera. A Sony with all of
the cords and chargers. It was marked
$15 but the seller was OK with my
ten buck offer so now I've got a small
pocket sized camera and I feel like a
real yard sale shopper!
     Next we hit the pool! The sun got
really hot so this was a perfect place
to relax for a short time. Much more
than a short time and my dermatologist
would probably have to clear his
summer schedule just to check and
treat me! Too much of a good thing
can be bad!
     We capped the day off with a
chicken bar-b-q at the development
where we've been hanging out for
the past week. The food and company
was great but, somehow, our 50/50
ticket number wasn't drawn!
      Still we came away winners
with a week full of family fun
and togetherness!
       Hope we get to do it again and
that all your NEWS is good!







No comments:

Post a Comment