Wednesday, March 21, 2018

"CLEAR!"


    THURSDAY, MARCH 22ND., 2018
                        "CLEAR!"

       Before we started up Chopper 22 we
had to make sure no one was standing
close to the rotor blades. It was a
procedure that began back in the days
when airplane engines had to be
started by someone yanking the
propeller very quickly, hoping the
motor would catch.
      You yelled "Clear!"  That is "stay
away lest you be in trouble."
       I have been attempting to follow that
advice as my wife, her sisters, and
brothers reunite in Florida this week.
       Things happen very quickly with
this gang. It's almost as though they were
planned and yet there's no obvious
planner! It's like the first one that shouts
an idea gets followed.
       On Wednesday, after an hour or so
on my own with a friend who happens
to live in this area part of the year, I
found the siblings seeking shelter from
the bone chilling 53 degrees. They were
looking for an indoor activity.
       Someone  said "Dominos."
What I heard was "Clear!"
        I last played dominos with my
grand mother who passed away when
I was in 4th grade. I liked playing with
her but the only time I've really enjoyed
dominos is when I see someone set up
elaborate rows of them which are then
toppled in a somewhat artistic fashion.
       I sought shelter on a nearby couch
but, eventually I found the "excitement"
of the contest was putting me to sleep.
So I took a nap!
      I awoke about the time their board
game ended and they migrated to the
house where I had been resting.
      That's where someone saw and
yelled "Oh there's a new puzzle here."
       I heard "Clear" and quickly
sought the protection of my laptop.
       The next events were dinner and
a movie which seemed perfectly safe
so I joined in.
      I've already been told there's more
"fast action" just ahead. I'll try to be
ready to recognize whether it's an
exciting and interesting activity or
a cautionary yell of "Clear!"
      Hope you're "clear" when you have
to be and that all your NEWS is good!





No comments:

Post a Comment