Sunday, March 18, 2018

A WILD TIME WITH THE WILLIAMS!


    MONDAY, MARCH 19TH., 2018
A WILD TIME WITH THE WILLIAMS!

    Well the anticipated moment finally
happened. All 8 of the Williams siblings
were at the same place at the same time
for the first time in several years!
     And it got even better! Two very
close friends who also happened to be
named Williams (but are not related)
found time to join the crowd for the
day!
      A good portion of the day was
spent walking down memory lane as
family members traded stories of their
lives growing up.
      There was food as well! Two
separate cook outs for the day.
      And, of course, a game! Remember
this huge family grew up together in
the days before electronic games, IPods
and such.
       It was a bit tough for me. All this
great conversation and me with my
voice just barely working! Me, the
guy that made a living with my voice!
Very frustrating!
       Some of the stories, as well as the
game, proved a serious challenge for
me! They were so funny I had to use
my inhaler in an attempt to keep
breathing after the laughter deprived
my lungs of their needed oxygen!
        I'd love to share some of the
stories here but I'm not sure what the
statue of limitations is on some of
the "events" that were recalled!
         There were some liquid
refreshments as well and it's possible
my memory or some of the memories
recalled by the participants may have
been tainted just a bit by the brews.
          As a guy whose only sibling
was 8 years older I missed out on
some of the unique activities enjoyed,
or survived, by a large family. It's
nice to be a part of them now!
          Hope your memories are
treasured for the most part, that your
games are fun, and that all your NEWS
is good!







No comments:

Post a Comment