Saturday, March 17, 2018

THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER!


    SUNDAY, MARCH 16TH., 2018
THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER!

    So my brother-in-law Karl moved into
our place to do house sitting for us!
    I moved away from Pennsylvania where
I suffered with a cough and runny nose
through February, was slowed down on
the roads by snow and pot holes and
headed south to Florida for a family
reunion.
      Yes! The grass is greened here!
The trees are blooming. And, they're
producing pollen in ponderous amounts!
       So the nose is running, the throat
is itchy and my voice has left me again!
       The roads? Hardly any pot holes.
In there place I found tourists. Thousands
of them that, collectively, have turned
70 mile per hour Interstate Highways
into 15 mile per hour log jams that
added nearly 45 minutes to what should
have been a two hour drive.
      Of course I made most of the trip
south by AutoTrain to get some rest
while we covered territory. Unfortunately
I was only able to get about an hour's
shut eye on the train which had me awake
for 95% of the trip! Add to that the fact
the train was an hour and a half late and
our vehicle was among the last 30
unloaded from the train. An additional
45 minutes wait before I could get to
those lovely traffic jams!
       Yep. The grass is greener and, in
some ways, so am I!
       Good dance Saturday night though.
I got some rest on my wife's shoulder
while we enjoyed a slow dance together!
       Today perhaps I'll take a nap in the
grass! Hope I get a little rest somewhere
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment