Monday, March 19, 2018

AND BINGO WAS IT'S NAME OH!


   TUESDAY, MARCH 20TH., 2018
    AND BINGO WAS IT'S NAME OH!

    Generally speaking I like games.
Baseball, football, I'll even get into a
board game of Battleship with my
grandson Jason. He likes card games
but those are definitely not my favorite.
      Last night I was recruited to join
our vacationing gang in one of the two
games most often associated with
geriatrics. Those games are Shuffleboard
and Bingo.
       By a stroke of luck I was able to
avoid Shuffelboard. I was not as lucky
when it came to the Bingo tournament!
       The development in which my
brother-in-law, his wife, and my sister-
in-law live features a Bingo game every
Monday night that attracts people from
all around the area.
        I was cautioned, in advance, that
a quiet demeanor would be appropriate
and that no alcohol would be permitted.
After seeing the plans for the games I
really could have used a stiff drink!
        Those of you who remember
traditional Bingo may well recall a
card with the letters B-I -N-G-O
printed on top and columns of blocks
below with numbers in each block.
        As the letter and numbers were
drawn you covered the ones on your
card until you had filled in a straight
row. When you did you had Bingo!
         We ended up with many cards
on our table. But in this new version
you're required to form diamonds, or
small sets of blocks, or something
similar to win your game.
         I couldn't help but notice that,
unlike other games where crowds
cheer for the winners, it's the losers
in Bingo that raise up a roar!
        When a winner calls out "Bingo"
everyone else moans because each of
them believe they were just one or
two numbers away from getting the
prize for themselves!
          It was truly delightful to spend
some more time with family. As for
Bingo, I think I'll take up cards!
          Hope you got all the right
numbers in your game, whatever it
is, and that all your NEWS is good.





No comments:

Post a Comment