Friday, March 2, 2018

FROM PORKEY TO PEPPA!


   FRIDAY, MARCH 2ND., 2018
    FROM PORKEY TO PEPPA!

   When I was a kid cartoon characters
like Bugs Bunny and Porkey Pig were
two of my favorites.
    I vividly remember a picture of them
hanging on my bedroom wall. It
pictured them walking down a country
lane. Both of their outlines were painted
in some sort of material that made them
glow in the dark. It would probably be
worth a couple bucks today but, like
many of my childhood toys, it disappeared
over the years.
      Porkey was my favorite, My wife
insists one of my "traits" that won her
over was my ability to imitate his line
"The, thee, the thee, the, that's all folks!"
(I've always been a romantic like that!)
       Anyway, imagine me some 70 years
later finding myself following another
cartoon pig!
        My 2-year-old grandson has
introduced me to a cartoon series
called "Peppa Pig." We watch an
espoide, or two, or eight or so when
he comes to visit.
         I must tell you that pigs, cartoon
pigs, anyway, have come a long way
over the years. And though I still like
Porkey there's a lot to be said for my
little buddy's favorite.
         The big thing is an improvement
in speech. Peppa does not stutter! But
that's not all!
          Peppa is extremely polite in
speech and in actions.
          The only problem I see stems
from the fact the series is apparently
produced in Brittan. So while my
grandson is learning manners he will
likely come away calling an elevator
a "lift" and who knows what else?
           I'm glad we can enjoy it
together and only worry about the
day I have to explain where we get
bacon!
           For now, The,thee,the thee,
the, that's all folks!
           Hope all your NEWS is
good!



No comments:

Post a Comment