Tuesday, March 20, 2018

SHANGHAIED!


  WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21ST., 2018
                SHANGHAIED!

   You'll find a lot of things in Florida.
There are Palm Trees, oranges, and even
some old friends.
    On Tuesday we saw Judy Woodring,
a Pennsylvania native who graduated with
my wife just a "few years" ago.
     She was immediately shanghaied,
I mean welcomed. by her old classmate
and the brothers and sisters who are
gathered here for a family reunion.
       After scanning my wife's treasured
scrap book from those school days Judy
and I accompanied the crowd to a gourmet
meal of hot dogs and beans at the
development clubhouse.
        We were then drafted, I mean
invited, to join this crew in a game of
Shuffleboard. Both Judy and I offered
to do something else like count stones
around the parking lot but our efforts
to avoid this geriatric classic were
ignored and we found ourselves on the
court. That turned out to be a good thing
for those appointed as our team mates
since both of the teams to which we
were assigned won!
          We were able to avoid the
playoffs thanks to a severe thunderstorm
and tornado warning that had buckets
of rain pounding the homes here for
several hours. I, and I believe Judy,
were never so glad to hear thunder
as when we were standing there with
those shuttle board sticks in our hands!
         We spent the next several hours
in pleasant conversation as each of us
took turns trying to balance an egg
on it's top (or bottom), a feat rumored
to be easy during the Vernal Equinox.
Don't believe everything you hear!
          After several games of charades
Judy was able to escape, I mean had
to leave, to head on home. I, however,
am still a prisoner, I mean guest, here
at the "ranch."
          Seriously though, I believe
everyone had a very enjoyable day,
especially having survived the
heavy storms that roared through
this part of the "Sunshine State."
Like I said, don't believe everything
you hear!
           Hope we see Judy again soon.
That she brings more peanut butter
brownies, and that all your NEWS
is good.










No comments:

Post a Comment