Tuesday, June 11, 2019

A TRULY SUPER DAY!


   WEDNESDAY, JUNE 12TH., 2019
           A TRULY SUPER DAY!

   Long before Spiderman spun his first
web or Hulk became incredible there was
the original Super Hero, Superman!
    I mention the man of steel because
June 12th is "Superman Day."
    The date was only chosen a few years
back and that was in connection with
the release of a new Superman movie.
That movie has come and gone but
we're still celebrating.
      I've been a Superman fan since, as
a kid, I bought every Superman comic
book as sun as it hit the stands. Of course
they only cost a dime back then.
       I was thrilled when the superhero
came to my neighborhood movie
theater in the form of a weekly serial.
And I never even noticed the lack of
color in his suit which of course, was
filmed in glorious black and white.
        I even had a glow in the dark
painting of Superman flying right
through a brick wall.
         I appreciated my hero even more
when I became "a mild mannered
reporter for a great metropolitan"
TV station! I've worked along side
my share of Lois Lane's and Jimmy
Olsen's too and took orders from a
few bosses that acted a lot like
Perry White!
           I'm still doing some television
but I'm not on the regular news beat
anymore. It's just as well I suppose.
It's really hard to find a phone booth
these days
          Hope you're all fighting for
truth. justice, and the American way
so that all out NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment