Thursday, June 13, 2019

GRILLED!


   FRIDAY, JUNE 14TH., 2019
               GRILLED!

    We stopped in our favorite Flea
Market over the weekend. Somehow,
in a room packed with bits and pieces
of this and that, my wife spotted a
small grill in the middle of a shelf
about 10 feet off the floor.
     She questioned the man responsible
for that section of merchandise and
learned it was a table top propane grill
that was never used and virtually brand
new.
      He was asking ten bucks and my
wife asked me if I was interested. I,
in effect, was on the grill.
      Just last year we had two full sized
grills hauled away by a scrap dealer.
One had been rebuilt by a friend many
years ago while the other was given to
us by friends when they got a new one.
      Both provided a lot of good hot dogs,
burgers and steaks over the years but both
completely malfunctioned a season ago
and repairs proved too expensive.
      Add to that the fact my son does
most of the grilling these days either in
his back yard or at the camper we all
enjoy.
       So, if I endorsed the small grill, I
knew I'd be doing it with the probability
I'd be the guy expected to put it to use.
       With some reluctance I agreed and
the unit now sits atop a picnic table in
our backyard.
        We had a close call last night when
my wife suggested a couple hot dogs
might be a nice early evening treat.
         No sooner had I agreed when
the downpour hit! Saved. At least for
the moment.
         I'm not hoping for rain but, perhaps
my son will call! Hope all your NEWS
is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment