Sunday, June 16, 2019

MY DAYS IN THE "WILD"


   MONDAY, JUNE 17TH., 2019
     MY DAYS IN THE "WILD."

     Get your motor running,  Head out
 on the highway!
     It's June 17th. This is "Ride To
Work Day!" And the ride of choice
is a Motorcycle or Motor Scooter!
     A fellow named Andy Goldfine
began pushing the day 27 years ago
to encourage people to ride their
cycles to work as a way to  reduce
carbon emissions and traffic congestion,
and make it easier for everyone – even car
drivers – to find parking spaces in crowded
cities.
    Of course we probably should note that
Goldfine is also the guy responsible for the
Aerostitch Roadcrafter riding suits that
many motorcycle drivers wear when they're
on the road! Maybe that's just coincidence? 
     I will not be participating in today's
observance....for several reasons.
     First, I don't work anymore. At least
not technically. I sill do a couple "jobs."
But nobody pays me for them anymore.
     Secondly, I did take my cycle to work
on a couple occasions a few years back.
It was my way of being born to be wild!
      It's 90cc engine coupled with my weigh
did not work out well when attempting to
climb the hills along my route.
      I didn't mind joggers that happen to pass
me by. But the sound of an approaching truck
often made me wish I was riding something
with a Harley rather than a Honda Street/Trail
Logo on its side!
      Of course downhill was a lot better, as
long as the other drivers realized I was not
just an illusion trying to share the road!
       Still, as Mr. Goldfield suggested, I did
little to pollute the air, only had to fill my
gas tank about every 4th trip, and never, ever,
had a problem finding a place to park!
       Mine has basically been sitting for a
couple years now but if you've got a motorcycle,
motor scooter, or even a good bicycle, saddle
up and ride to work today and join in the celebration.
       "Like a true nature's child, we were born
to be wild."
        Hope  you find some adventure "in whatever
comes your way," and that all your NEWS is good!


























































No comments:

Post a Comment