Monday, June 10, 2019

MY STRAW POLL!


   TUESDAY, JUNE 11TH., 2019
          MY STRAW POLL!

   Straws are becoming a thing of the
past and that's got me a little concerned.
   There are all kinds of good reasons
why establishments such as McDonalds
and Starbucks are phasing out plastic
straws.
    Some argue that there are types of
plastic used in straws that are made with
materials that are potentially toxic or
carcinogenic.
     The straws don't disintegrate and can
remain in the environment for 2,000
years.
      It's tough to argue about those kinds
of facts but I like using straws.
      They keep my lips away from
restaurant glasses I can't be sure  were
completely sanitized.
       They seem to make my milk shake
last longer. When they're made the right
away the shake is tough to suck up
quickly through the straw.
       Most of all I love opening the end
of the  straw cover the blowing into ,my
straw and shooting the cover at someone
else sitting at our table,
      My wife used to do that too till she
hit one of our grandkids in the eye. He
was OK but she felt bad.
      I'm told alternatives will be available
like, perhaps, paper straws. I'm OK with
that if I can still shoot off the cover.
      Hope my aim is better than my
wife's and that all your NEWS is good.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment