Tuesday, June 4, 2019

WHERE HAVE ALL THE LOWERS GONE/


         WEDNESDAY, JUNE 5TH., 2019
WHERE HAVE ALL THE FLOWERS GONE?

   I thought the first line of that classic song
was very appropriate today since we're smack
dab in the middle of National Gardening Week!
   As it happens, the answer to that musical
question is "here." In my backyard.
    Of course not all the flowers are here. But
there's plenty!
     My wife has a sort of green thumb when
it comes to our yard.
      A couple years ago a good friend gave us
some strawberry plants. Every year since we've
seen small berries appear in the spot where my
wife planted them.
       It was a similar story with the blackberries
passed along to us. They're now growing on a
vine on a fence at the back of the yard. Last
year's crop was plentiful and delicious.
        There are several varieties of flowers
growing now as well. My wife could tell
you what they're called. I just know them
as red ones, purple ones, and yellow ones.
         My wife has added several herb plants
including oregano and our little grandson is
now boasting that he eats plants at Grannie's
house.
          I do not share my wife's  ability to grow
things from the soil. I doubt I could even produce
a weed from Jack's magic beans.
          I'll just continue to do my part by staying
out of the way and helping to consume anything
eatable that happens to pop up!
           Hope your garden grows well and that
all your NEWS is good!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment