Monday, June 3, 2019

OCCUPATIONS!


       TUESDAY, JUNE 4TH., 2019
              OCCUPATIONS!

    My old friend and former TV news
colleague Bill Mecca posted an interesting
question on Facebook this week.
    He asked what other job or profession
you might have perused if you could do
something other than what you're doing
now.
     I responded with my childhood
ambition to be either a cowboy or a
super hero.
     Cowboy's sort of faded out of
popularity by the 60's and in spite
of my eventual success as a mild
mannered reporter I never attained
the ability to fly like that reporter
guy named Kent.
       Bill's question however, did
bring back memories of a class I had
back in I believe, the 8th grade.
       It was called "Occupations" and,
as the name implied, it was a class
designed to expose us to various
jobs and professions that make up
our society. Nothing in depth. Just
a look that opened up our minds to
possibilities.
        I remember liking that course
and learning some things about jobs
I hadn't ever thought about.
        I don't know if that course or
something similar exists anymore.
If it doesn't, it should! There are
more opportunities than most of
us could ever imagine.
        Of course if I knew then what
I know now I'd answer the question
"What do you want to be when you
grow up" by saying "A kid!"
        Hope you love what you do
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment